Saturday, 30 January 2010

The Challenges of Choreography

You may have seen my gathered images for Alice in Wonderland, well I am pleased to say that the choreography is well under way. As this is first BALLET choreography I have done, I accepted early on it wouldn't be easy.

There's been a lot of problems within the ballet end of the school due to the teacher before me stealing students and leaving me; the new teacher with next to none - good luck creating a work-of-art ballet Lucy!

Never the less, I overcame that problem by borrowing other students from the school to bulk it up a bit (though the students don't know this yet!) The principals have agreed due to the circumstances and I am allowed to do so.

However this has somehow started something. School's tend to thrive with little ones learning music and dance, and occasionally stream into a few less in each class as the students get older. So the principals want the youngest (non-ballet) school members which are between the ages of 1 and 3 to be in much more.

Oh let's ask Lucy to put them in the ballet!!!.........


I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment