Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Attempt Two; Easter School


So after agreeing to run my own Easter school for The YEM Theatre School I now realise why they don't do it!

I started organising a timetable and how much to charge and where to go. I then found that none of this matters if you have no children attending. Advertising is the key!

I need ten pupils at least to attend. I've sorted out an assistant. The hall hire is done, with how much and covering costs.

It is worrying when you start a project like this on your own. I think it takes a lot of nerve. Luckily I have the YEM School behind me. It will be beneficial to them as it promotes the school and could potentially give the main school more students.

I think though, as it nears Easter I should hopefully get more interest.....



2 comments:

  1. Things will be alright in the end. A couple of my friends and I did one last year, but we did do a questionnaire first to test how many people would be interested first and then advertised it. As we advertised limited places available it rushed people to get signed up and this gave us more of an idea how many people would turn up. We also took deposits off people to secure their places and were refundable if we couldnt go ahead.
    We had looked into places to hire and we knew that we were going to get at least 50 kids so we then booked the hall that we had already seen and made a possible booking with. The rest then slot into place, we used the deposit money for the hall hire and got more than the amount of children that we thought we would get.
    Advertising was very important and i think that it was essential to do the questionnaire first just so we knew if anyone would be interested and available was the key.

    People will turn up they are probably just busy as you know what the last week of schoold is like before a holiday, its mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Abbi for your encouragment, I really was depressed, stressed and panicking at the time I made this diary entry. However since then, things have certainly picked up and I've gone from one child to 18 and still with more interest, so things are really looking up. I am very excited, luckily I have had enough experience to make the course itself a success - which I'm sure is the next thing I shall worry about!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete