Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Career Career Career

Now my degree work is out of the way I am back on focusing on my career, which took a backseat for some of last year. I read in a free London paper in the week about how youngsters (i.e new graduates) are having to work in unpaid or volunteer jobs to get work remotely close to their chosen career. This is true for me. I have found this industry to be somewhat a viscious circle in the sense that no company will take you without experience, yet you can't get experience if no company will take you. So many are forced to grab any work they can, be it unpaid or what......!

The same is happening for every other industry it seems. My friend told me recently how she has given up her full time bar job to volunteer in a school (she's like to work with special needs) so she's given up money to do something closer to what makes her happy.

My view is if you never try, you'll never know. I don't want to regret never trying in my chosen career. I work hard, and hopefully good things come to those who work hard as well as wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment