It is really quite astonishing to see how much my research project has already influenced my professional practice. I have seemingly picked up these tried and tested ways to use teaching and choreography skills and applied them to my work.
I've noticed how I am now demonstrating what I want rather than constantly breaking it down. This helps the students and children to see what the choreography is supposed to look like. Also I am using filming to help improve my work, in terms of creating and remembering a dance as occasionally I have a lot to remember. Writing it down takes time, filming seems far more efficient. The senior girls have been filmed so they may watch themselves and see where they are not together in time. I have also appeared more confident with creating movements with the dancers if necessary, rather than beforehand. For example, I was teaching in another school today, the class got further than I had expected with a piece of jazz choreography for a show. So I used my initiative and continued the dance and noticed what looked good. Before, I was not very confident with this skill as I felt under pressure, but today we achieved quite a lot and the school Principal turned up and really loved the dance so far, so much that she would like to use it in a public show coming up! Good news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment