In reference to my last blog; an example of my “It's not what you know, it's who know” is it's worked like that for me in terms of teaching. I was lucky enough to have been told I would be someone's student teacher when I was just 13, a year later I was choreographing for big shows, and not long after I was a student teacher. From my experience gained, I have been lead to teach at other theatre schools, called in regularly at a dance schools and in various classes in London. Yet, I want to do this degree to eventually gain my PGCE so I can do what I'm already doing, and although I have years of teaching experience now and of course a CRB, every one of my teaching jobs came through someone I knew. I am the one who wants to make my qualifications official so I am able to teach at any school, including senior schools. So looking from the other perspective if I had done this in reverse without having any experience, gaining my PGCE but not knowing anyone within the teaching world, would it have been this easy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment