Sunday, 18 October 2009

Tied Apart Choreography




This is a rehearsal shot of one of my choreographies Tied Apart. This was the first time I could create a piece of dance about absolutely anything I wanted. You may have seen they have a thick black ribbon entwined into their position. The ribbon symbolised many ideas within the theme of abuse and neglect.

I used the track below by State Radio. I went to a gig of theirs in London a few year ago and got their album. I loved this song and it inspired me to create this choreography.



2 comments:

  1. Lucy,

    I really like your Blog. Your posts are interesting, lively with lots of links. You transmit a sense of your professional direction which is really important. Keep posting because people will come across your Blogs and its a way of making connections. Also, you might have already found that by having to think about what you are going to post, that you develop stronger conceptualisations of the content i.e. what matters to you, what you like, respect, admire. This ads to your own sense of professional self, as well as communicating this to anyone who read your Blog. Well done.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan, your comments are very encouraging. Blogging so far has made me realise and make decisions about what I love in life and also what I want from it. I hope there's more to find out. Thanks

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete