Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Links of Interest My Motivation



Exercise

Whenever I seem to be putting off a job that needs to be done, the best thing I can do before forcing myself to do it; is exercise. I have recently moved and joined a gym not far from me. I procrastinate occasionally, but after a session at the gym, nine times out of ten there's no stopping me, I usually come home and want to sort out everything in my life at once. Exercise motivates, inspires and makes me more determined.

Before my days of the gym I would write out a plan of everything that needed to be completed that day, during the course of the day energy and enthusiasm hits a low and I personally find it hard to pull myself out of it. Reflecting back, I needed something that could give me a change of setting, some fresh air and get me thinking. Exercise was the perfect solution. I planned to join, and have done so now and tried out my new process of "hitting an energy and motivation low = gym/exercise".

On this idea I have included some links of interest, which gave mine and might give your exercise routines a fresh touch.

Here is a link to Bikram Yoga. You may or may not have heard of it, but it's an hour and a half of yoga in sauna conditions. It is a unique series of 26 Hatha Yoga positions. The sequence maximises oxygenation and detoxification of the body. It great for the mind, health, as well increasing strength and flexibility.

See above images also.

Here is a link to a biology paper discussing the idea of exercising making you happy due to endorphins being released. It has been debated that exercise releases endorphins, boosts self-esteem, confidence and self-image. I believe it does.



Exercise just isn't the same unless you have the right tunes. I always take my iPod with me to the gym, despite the fact they usually have a sound system (blaring trance and other rubbish). I like to listen to my music, as it makes my work out more enjoyable because I like what I'm listening to and it keeps me going when I want to give up. Here's a site to get the latest workout noise from.





No comments:

Post a Comment