My challenges with the choreography included the wide age range of dancers and not having them rehearsing together, but we got there in the end. Unfortunately the lighting ruined the beginning and end of the dance, so you can't actually see what they're doing, but you get the idea. If you scroll across the youtube screen at the bottom, I also choreographed Fame for the whole school, including ballet, street jazz, jazz and singers. That was fun!
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
My Choreography Radar
This is a video from a show we did last year. I choreographed a street jazz number for ages 9 to 15 to the Britney song Radar. This is two separate classes merged together, so I actually taught the dance to them separately as their two classes until the week before when we actually pieced the dance together. They have one 45 minute class a week, including a warm up, technique and then dance rehearsal, so I think they did pretty well considering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lucy...i'm stuck with the whole YouTube stuff! i really did try to copy the EMBED and then pasteinto my 'Edit Hmtl' but it's just coming up with the EMBED digits...what am i doing wrong?!!please help!!p.s hope ur ok!!!...liking the new blogs!!xx
ReplyDeleteHello, are you still having problems?
ReplyDeleteCoz I'm sure i just read you explaining how to do it to someone else?? If not let me know!